Using a representative

You can be represented in the Employment Relations Authority by any person or organisation you choose.

A representative may help by:

  • giving advice on your employment problem
  • helping you prepare for an investigation in the Employment Relations Authority
  • representing you in meetings with the Authority member.

You can be represented by:

  • a union
  • an employers' association
  • a lawyer, either through a law firm or a community law office
  • an employment relations advocate
  • a family member
  • a friend.

The Authority member will run the process so that no one is disadvantaged if they choose not to have a representative.